Thursday, August 10, 2006

Tatted weddding hankie


I promised you some tatting so here is the second hankie I made for her, this to be her 'something blue'. I haven't made an edging for a hankie for at least 20 years, they were the things that you made when I learned to tat, that and doileys and collars and I never wanted to see another one! But what a difference the use of colour makes, I am addicted to colour too and so this one was a doddle.

The pattern is from Judith Connors new book, Contemporary Tatting, she used it on a garter. The thread is Altin Basak 50 and Coates 30 and the hand embroidered hankie is from Madeira, one of a pile of gorgeous ones I bought there in a fit of tatting optimism. Watch this spot for more edged hankies...just dont hold your breath!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, it keeps me going....but please do not use my real name in your comments or on your blog. Tatskool is my online name and I love it.